Scene from Summer Vacation
Enables students to create a show and tell picture to facilitate
describing a special event, trip, or experience from their summer vacation
to their classmates to help break the ice.
Level: Intermediate, Advanced
Van Aken Product(s):
Jazz liquid tempera, Jr. Jazz 'truly washable', Jazz School, or Jazz
- Jazz paint in assorted colors
- white paper
- pencil or chalk
- assorted paint brushes
- paint trays
- cover work area with newspaper
- draw picture of scene or activity covering entire paper surface
- paint in background and then foreground adding the details last and
- share with classmates and teacher the significance of the painting
Paint that is too thick may crack and fall off of the paper after drying.
Paint that is thin should dry before other layers applied, or it may
bleed. The paper can be divided into two or four sections to tell a
story in sections or to devote each section to specific categories relating
to the vacation time.